1. All newly installed hard wired smoke detectors shall be battery backed up.
2. All newly installed hard wired smoke detectors shall be interconnected.
3. In new construction, a hard wired smoke detector shall be installed in each bedroom including at least one on each level and outside of bedrooms.
4. Under State Law RSA 153:10-a, every rental property shall have hard wired smoke detectors installed.
5. If you are unsure as to where to place a smoke detector, please contact the Fire Prevention Bureau and they will be glad to assist you in the placing of smoke detectors.
6. Before work can be started an electrical permit shall be obtained at the office of the building department.